subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Mohr <a...@lisas.de>
Subject Re: Seeing very slow performance with svnadmin verify
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2016 07:20:34 GMT
On Tue, Nov 01, 2016 at 12:14:32AM -0700, Eric Johnson wrote:
> Since I have on the order of 230,000 additional commits to check, I'm
> looking at 39 days before my repository finishes verifying. That's not
> really acceptable.
>
> Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong?

You could try to
run strace and/or ltrace with sufficiently detailed cmdline options,
to try to figure out
which system call exactly is involved in the delay/expensive handling.

A 30s pause might perhaps hint at some network / DNS resolve things.

</not_an_svnadmin_expert_here>

HTH,

Andreas Mohr

--
GNU/Linux. It's not the software that's free, it's you.