subversion-users mailing list archives

From Chris Tufts <ctu...@bai.org>
Subject FW: BMP File Branch Commit Issue (Suspected Defect)
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 15:16:03 GMT
SVN Admin,

Good morning. I sent the email below on October 5th requesting confirmation if the issue described
below is a defect or if there is a workaround currently for this issue. I have not heard back,
so I am sending this email to follow up. Please kindly respond and let me know how I should
proceed. If I have sent this email to the incorrect address for an issue like this, please
provide me with the proper email so I can move forward with addressing this issue.

Thank you,

Chris Tufts
Database and Systems Engineer
BAI
115 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 3300
Chicago, IL 60603-3801
ctufts@bai.org<mailto:ctufts@bai.org>

Direct: 312-683-2354 | Fax: 312-683-2435

From: Chris Tufts
Sent: Wednesday, October 5, 2016 9:57 AM
To: 'users@subversion.apache.org'
Subject: BMP File Branch Commit Issue (Suspected Defect)

SVN Admin,

We are having an issue committing changes to a branch which contains a .bmp file. Below are
instructions to replicate this issue using SVN for .bmp files committing to the Branch. I
am using Tortoise Client 1.9.3.27038. I have attached the sample files to the email.

Steps to recreate the defect on Windows 10.

1.    Created a Test Repository called TEST_FileExtensionIssue.

2.    Added a sample directory (including all app files) called 20056_SC_TEST.

3.    Added the directory and subfolders to the trunk.

4.    Set up the Ignore Property for files ending in ".awt.bmp". There is only one file called
20056.awt.bmp.

[cid:image006.png@01D21004.0EAB0BD0]

5.    Make some changes to files and commit them, all works well.

6.    Create a branch using the existing working copy.
[cid:image007.png@01D21004.FFBFA8F0]

7.    Make a change to the 20056.bmp file, not the .awt.bmp but the standard file (The .awt.bmp
file should still be ignored).

8.    File recognizes the change in the branch and shows a red exclamation point.

9.    Attempt to commit that change to the branch and the gui becomes unresponsive.
[cid:image008.png@01D21005.BEEED610]

The GUI will continue to attempt to reconcile the differences but will never finish. Usually
I have to end the process via the Task Manager.

Please let me know if additional information is needed. Thanks,