subversion-users mailing list archives

From Nico Kadel-Garcia <nka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Advice for better SVN
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2016 16:09:48 GMT
On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Branko ─îibej <brane@apache.org> wrote:
> On 24.11.2016 15:00, Pavel Lyalyakin wrote:

>>> You'd determine the cause of the slowness in your case. For once: Make sure you
are using an appropriate protocol (http/https or svn(+ssh) rather than the file-protocol).
>> file:// protocol? How would OP access a server on the Internet through file://?
>
> NFS and CIFS work just fine over the internet, though I admit you'd have
> to be a bit of a masochist to try that.

Been there, done that. CIFS is *not*, *not*, *not* your friend for
Subversion working copies, nor for file:// server access. It's a very
"chatty" protocol. NFS tends to be far faster and more robust, with
the exception of NFS servers getting confused about whether clients
are still connected.