subversion-users mailing list archives

From Eric Johnson <e...@tibco.com>
Subject Seeing very slow performance with svnadmin verify
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2016 07:14:32 GMT
Using: svnadmin --version
svnadmin, version 1.9.4 (r1740329)

The first time I ran into this, I simply added the -M option. Since the
default is reported just "16", I added "-M 384", and noticed a
significant speed bump. However, I've got a repository where even this
big jump didn't fix the performance problems. Current behavior is to
appear to pause significantly, then report two versions verified. The
pause lasts on the order of thirty seconds.

Since I have on the order of 230,000 additional commits to check, I'm
looking at 39 days before my repository finishes verifying. That's not
really acceptable.

Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Eric.