subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Bijewitz, Volker" <v.bijew...@baum.de>
Subject AW: svn_dirent_t::size: often not the "real" file size
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2017 10:30:36 GMT
Ok, thank you for explaining this. Yes, I understand that SVN is normalizing
the text files, so their real size may differ from client to client.

Unfortunately I do not know if the user has got an working copy and where it
can be found . So the only way to solve this is creating once a local copy of
each file and store the real size in a DB referenced by the file URL and
revision number L.

Volker

Von: Bert Huijben [mailto:bert@qqmail.nl]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2017 10:39
An: Bijewitz, Volker; users@subversion.apache.org
Betreff: RE: svn_dirent_t::size: often not the "real" file size

The size reported is the size of the file in repository form. The size might
be different when a different line end encoding is used and/or when keyword
expansion is enabled. (Can be larger or smaller)

svn_client_statusX() reports both sizes when the file is a 'normal' working
copy file.

The list function works 100% repository side and we simply don't know the
size the file would be in some working copy, as the size might be different
in other working copies.

                Bert