subversion-users mailing list archives

From Steven Barbaglia <Steven.Barbag...@sinara.co.uk>
Subject svndumpfilter crash on empty revisions
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2017 14:57:02 GMT
I am moving an SVN repository from one third-party remote server to a local one and I would
like to remove empty revisions but svndumpfilter keeps crashing.  I first loaded the dump
from svnradmin into a local repository and dumped it again.  I also tried with a dump that
just includes the first few revisions, but svndumpfilter keeps crashing.  Some of the attempts
include:

  svndumpfilter --drop-empty-revs --renumber-revs include / < svnadmin.dump > svndumpfilter.dump
  svndumpfilter include / < svnadmin.dump > svndumpfilter.dump
  svndumpfilter exclude junk < svnadmin.dump > svndumpfilter.dump

I am attaching the dump with just the first few revisions and a crash log.

PS I am using the latest public svn version, 1.9.5 from CollabNet for Windows 64-bit.

Sinara provides software development services and software products to major financial sector
clients. For 25 years, we have combined strong technical skills with a pragmatic and flexible
approach to deliver and support reliable IT systems for a global client base.

http://www.sinara.com
mailto:info@sinara.co.uk
+44 20 7940 7950

Disclaimer: This e-mail message (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain privileged
information. It is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not copy, distribute or use any of the information in it. If you receive this message
in error please notify us as soon as possible and delete it. Copyright in this e-mail and
attachments created by us belongs to Sinara Consultants Limited. Internet e-mails are not
secure. Sinara does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was
sent. Should you communicate with anyone at Sinara by email you consent to us monitoring and
reading any such correspondence.