subversion-users mailing list archives

From Nico Kadel-Garcia <nka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: upstart service scripts for svnserve?
Date Sat, 18 Mar 2017 05:44:50 GMT
On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 12:58 PM, K Richard Pixley <rich@noir.com> wrote:
> On 3/16/17 02:29 , Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 7:01 PM, K Richard Pixley <rich@noir.com> wrote:
>>> Where can I find service scripts for debian/ubuntu for starting svnserve
>>> as a system service?
>>>
>>> This should be in the documentation, I'm thinking, given how many
>>> distros have left xinitd for upstart.  I'm surprised that it's not there
>>> already.
>>>
>>> --rich
>> They've been switching much more to systemd. I'd look in the latest
>> published package from your favorite Debian or Ubuntu repository, and
>> use "dpkg" to get a list of its files.
> Have.  No joy.

*Really*? I'm surprised. Could it be in an ancilliary package,
"subversion-svnserve" or the like? I admit I've not been dealing with
Debian lately, and the HTTP based access to Subversion seems to be
more common.

You might consider just using "svn+ssh", maybe with a locked down SSH
daemon on another port, just to avoid the issue. I'm very sure that
*openssh* has systemd based init scripts suitable for tweaking.