subversion-users mailing list archives

From Nico Kadel-Garcia <nka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Repo for latest 1.9 svn binaries for 32-bit RHEL 6?
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2017 00:46:40 GMT
On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 9:57 AM, Alfred von Campe <alfred@von-campe.com> wrote:
> Does anyone on this list have a pointer to a repo that hosts the latest 32-bit (i686)
Subversion binaries for RHEL 6?  I’ve been using the WANdisco SVN Repo 1.9 (http://opensource.wandisco.com/centos/6/svn-1.9/RPMS),
but it only has version 1.9.5-1 for 64-bit (x86_64).  The latest 32-bit binaries in that repo
are for version 1.9.4-1, which are almost a year old.

> Thanks,
> Alfred

I tried, some time back, to publish SRPM building tools for
subersion-1.9.x and 1.8.x over at https://github.com/nkadel/. I
eventually had to throw in the towel as the component dependencies for
compiling the latest Subversion exceeded my time to backport and
provide separate, system compatible builds of various libraries. But
you're welcome to poke them and take a shot at getting it to RHEL 6.

I also admit that with RHEL 5 and CentOS 5 obsolete, CentOS 6 has also
gotten quite long in the tooth. Can you update to CentOS 7?