subversion-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: On the subversion I have a question to confirm
Date Mon, 22 May 2017 08:28:53 GMT
shenlei@snail.com wrote on Mon, 22 May 2017 11:40 +0800:
> Hello, everyone:
> In the process of using Subversion, there are several questions that I hope someone can
help to confirm, get the exact answer or official note
> 1, Subversion can not modify the version number under the premise of modifying the historical
version of the content?

People who can commit cannot change the contents of previous revisions; they can only add
new revisions.

The contents of old revisions can be changed by the repository administrator.  This cannot
be prevented by any system.  It is not easy, but it is possible.

> 2, if you can make changes, please provide the appropriate changes or feasible recommendations;
Also modified after the existence of the repository is not available, etc. Please give instructions,
modify the historical version of the information is retained operating log?

By default, modifying history is not possible.  If the repository administrator enables history
editing, the repository administrator needs to arrange for records to be kept.

Keeping records of commits that create new revisions is possible with the built-in logging
features (access log and operational log).

> 3, hope to get the Subversion project official email or official authorized reply, thank
you for the help!

You're welcome.

Daniel