subversion-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: SVN Login using LDAP works, but files inside path not visible
Date Tue, 09 May 2017 10:47:42 GMT
Julian Zielke wrote on Tue, May 09, 2017 at 08:26:43 +0000:
> Well this doesn't help me much because unlike Git, SVN doesn't use file-based repositories
but an internal database.
> svnauthz accessof only allows file-urls but not repository URLs.

The file:// URLs are one of specifying the path to the authz file.
They're there to support the "storing the authz file as a versioned
file" feature.  If you store the authz file as a normal on-disk file,
just pass its on-disk / OS path for the TARGET argument.

If that doesn't answer your question, then please do clarify it.  What
is your use-case and in what way does svnauthz seem to fall short of it?

Cheers,