subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Graham, Jonathan - US" <Jonathan.Gra...@caci.com>
Subject SVNSERVE Error on Commits
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 16:20:02 GMT
We have recently gone through and done some software updates to our CentOS 6.9 server that
hosts SVN for us. None of the updates appeared to of affected anything for SVN overall, however
after these patches occurred we started getting  org.apache.subversion.javahl.ClientException:
E210004: Commit failed (details follow): E210004: Malformed network data to occur on nearly
every commit we have attempted to make to the machine. This also caused our machine to completely
crash with a kernel panic. After doing some digging around and getting core dump files to
be generated we were able to ascertain that it appears to be something that svnserve is calling
that is causing this issue. The following is from the core dump file: #0  0x0000003a752eaebb
in accept4 (fd=<value optimized out>, addr=..., addr_len=0x7ffd6d4e9270, flags=524288)
at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/accept4.c:34 34 return INLINE_SYSCALL (accept4, 4, fd, addr.__sockaddr__,
addr_len, flags); Any thoughts on what is going on? I'm new to submitting issues, so what
are the next steps I need to preform to get this escalated up as currently we are unable to
do commits at all unless I completely reinstall SVN on the machine, then it will let some
through before erroring out again.

Jonathan Graham
jonathan.graham@caci.com<mailto:jonathan.graham@caci.com>