subversion-users mailing list archives

From Alfred von Campe <alf...@von-campe.com>
Subject Is it safe to remove deleted and no longer used branches from the svn:mergeinfo property?
Date Wed, 31 May 2017 15:18:48 GMT
After many years of development, we have over 100 entries in the svn:mergeinfo property of
our trunk.  I am thinking about manually editing the property to remove entries for all branches
that have been deleted or are no longer used (and should be deleted).  I am hoping that once
I merge trunk into the other active branches, the cleanup of that property will also propagate
to the other branches.

So my questions are:

Is this safe to do?
Will the changes to the properly be merged to all other branches over time as one would expect?

Thanks,
Alfred