subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-2...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: On the subversion I have a question to confirm
Date Tue, 23 May 2017 22:29:47 GMT
On May 23, 2017, at 04:56, shenlei@snail.com wrote:

>>> 2, if you can make changes, please provide the appropriate changes or feasible
recommendations; Also modified after the existence of the repository is not available, etc.
Please give instructions, modify the historical version of the information is retained operating
log?

>> By default, modifying history is not possible.  If the repository administrator enables
history editing, the repository administrator needs to arrange for records to be kept.

>> Keeping records of commits that create new revisions is possible with the built-in
logging features (access log and operational log).

> Ask about your reply to the second question, how to open the editorial function of the
library?

Repository administrators can edit the historical contents of files by using "svnadmin dump"
to create a single-file representation of the repository, then use a dumpfile editing tool
to make changes to it, then use "svnadmin load" to load that file into a new repository.

This is not done in the normal course of using your repository. This is done in emergency
situations, such as: someone committed an enormous file to the repository and you need to
remove it to free up server disk space; or someone committed a password or other secret information
that cannot stay there. Sometimes, this is used to try to recover a corrupted repository.

Repository administrators can allow users to edit revision metadata, such as the author, date,
time, and log message of a commit, by creating a pre-revprop-change hook. This is surely described
in the svnbook.