subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andrey <an...@inbox.ru>
Subject Re: "svn pget svn:externals -r <rev> . -R" dramatically slow
Date Thu, 25 May 2017 10:26:18 GMT
> So, for the time being you could use this as a workaround, Andrey (if
> you're scripting this): checkout to a temp directory (or even aramdisk
> if it's not too big), and run the propget on that; then deletethe
> checkout.
I can not afford to check out everything in the temp, it would be slower
than just a plain propget,
because one-slow-propget + many-fast-propgets is faster in average than
checkout-everything-instead-of-propget-everything. So for the script it is
not a solution until the "depth directories" command line option would be
implemented which is not.