subversion-users mailing list archives

From "James H. H. Lampert" <jam...@touchtonecorp.com>
Subject Re: Questions on migrating SVN (and Trac) to a Google Compute Engine instance
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2017 23:16:00 GMT
On 7/27/17, 11:15 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Sounds plausible. An empty pre-revprop-change hook script would allow
> any revprop change, which you may not want. It's probably possible to
> write a more-specific script that would allow only the changes
> svnsync needs and disallow others.
. . .
> svnsync is probably best, since it allows you to easily incrementally
> mirror a live read/write repository to another server. It can be slow
> but once it's done it makes it very quick to switch from the old
> server to the new one with minimal downtime. Some of the other
> methods require you to make the source repository read-only or take
> it offline for the duration of the migration, which could take hours
> or days depending on how large your repository is.
. . .
and Arwin and Nico said similar things.

Thanks, Ryan, Arwin, and Nico.

It took a bit of futzing around, but as I type this, I'm replicating a
repository (the smallest and currently least-active one).

It took me a while to realize that the hooks with .tmpl extensions were
templates, not live hooks, and I was right on the verge of asking for
help when I looked at the instructions again, and realized that instead
of setting up the required null hook, I'd overwritten a template (DUH!)

--
JHHL