subversion-users mailing list archives

From Nathan Hartman <hartman.nat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache httpd 2.4 + Subversion 1.9.5 + LDAP combination does not work on CentOS 7.x
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2017 03:04:25 GMT
> On Jul 19, 2017, at 10:08 PM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yup. I don't do it every week, or even every month. Frankly, as
> Subversion has been falling in popularity,

I think that's like the BSD is dying myth. While it's true that hype, Linus's blessing, and
the availability of GitHub have taken a big chunk of the F/OSS world by storm, there are still
plenty of people, projects, and businesses that use Subversion. We recently evaluated other
systems which shall remain nameless just to make sure we're on top of goings on in our industry
and our experiences reaffirmed why we use Subversion. In a decade of use, zero problems. It's
mature, it does what it's supposed to do, and it's simple to use. We like it. So do numerous
other people.