subversion-users mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <p...@hammant.org>
Subject Re: svn vs. git
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2017 23:51:00 GMT

>  Code review is the main one, but this is driven by github.com more than
> git itself, I guess.

That was the game changer
<https://trunkbaseddevelopment.com/game-changers/#github-s-entire-platform-2008-onwards>
wasn't it. Github's platform had built in code-review with the pull request
concept from their public launch (2008). That raised the bar, and all
portals had to have built in code review after that.  Of course Google had
this first with their Mondrian code review system (2006 if not before), but
that wasn't available to use mortals. Anecdotally GitHub implement their
code review in Postgres. I'd prefer to see it backed by source control,
which I touch on 2/3 of the way through this
<https://paulhammant.com/2014/11/13/code-review-the-unit-of-work-should-be-a-single-commit/>
article.

- Paul