subversion-users mailing list archives

From Nico Kadel-Garcia <nka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache httpd 2.4 + Subversion 1.9.5 + LDAP combination does not work on CentOS 7.x
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2017 00:58:26 GMT
The complexities of HTTPD/mod_auth_svn integration and its complex
integration alterations between releases of Subverison are only some
of the reasons I gave up on HTTP based access to Subversion years ago,
and switched to svn+ssh. There are uses for web access to Subversion,
but most of them are better served by the cleaner interface of viewvc
for pure read-only access.

The other blocking factor, for me, was the default behavior of the
Subversion client of storing the HTTP or HTTPS access passwords in
cleartext. It's gotten better orver time, notifying users better of
the risks, but the default behavior is still an issue.