subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andy So <a...@Vitria.com>
Subject upgrading server
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2017 18:00:52 GMT
We have an old subversion version 1.4.3 (r23084) running on Solaris.
We would like to upgrade to use new hardware on Linux based OS (CentOS 6.9), possibly version
1.8.x or 1.9.x

Our plan is to installed and configure the latest SVN on CentOS 6.9. Then go through dump
and load of the repository as described in various online post and documentations.  The repository
is quite large…guessing the size to be in the order of 20-40GB

Before we start undertaking such tasks

1.      Does anyone know if there are there any problem/gotcha in migrating the repository?

2.      Does anyone know how long it would take to export the repository of this size?  This
will give us an estimate how long to schedule down time and cut off time.

Thanks for any insight.