subversion-users mailing list archives

From Alfred von Campe <alf...@von-campe.com>
Subject Starting and unlocking keyring from command line on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2017 11:19:45 GMT
We are switching from CentOS 6 to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on our build servers, and I’m not having
much luck starting and unlocking the gnome-keyring-daemon from the command line on the new
servers.  On the exiting CentOS 6 servers, I was able to unlock the keychain from a script
using the command “echo password | pam-keyring-tool --unlock --use-stdin”, but I can’t
get that binary to compile on Ubuntu.  I’ve googled some other solutions, but haven’t
had much luck getting any to work.  Before I go dig any deeper, I assume that someone else
must have solved this problem already?  This is a build server, so there is no GUI and everything
needs to happen on the command line so Subversion operations can be done downstream without
supplying a password.

Alfred