subversion-users mailing list archives

From Nicolai Scheer <nicolai.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn rename adds mergeinfo property / renaming in working copy does not
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2017 15:14:11 GMT
Hi Stefan,

On 6 November 2017 at 19:06, Stefan Sperling <stsp@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 06, 2017 at 06:10:37PM +0100, Nicolai Scheer wrote:
> > I cannot imagine a case where copying the mergeinfo to the new folder is
> > wanted behaviour
>
> The current behaviour was implemented on purpose.
> It has been this way since Subversion 1.5.5.
>
> See https://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2008-11/0432.shtml
> and https://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2008-11/0297.shtml
> for details.

Thanks for the pointers.

If I understand correctly, WC to WC copy/rename does not add mergeinfo in
our case, because the source folder does not have any.
That seems to be change that has been commited as a result of the
discussion you pointed out.

Still, I can't get from the archives why a URL to URL rename does add
mergeinfo, although the folder to be renamed does not have any mergeinfo
props itself.
But maybe I'm just not into the details why this can't be changed easily...

Greetings

Nico