subversion-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Combining files from different projects into a new project?
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2017 22:58:10 GMT
Branko ─îibej wrote on Wed, 27 Dec 2017 12:41 +0100:
> You can only check out directories. Files in the same repository,
> however, can be linked as externals.

The alternative to "checking out a file" is to checkout the directory at
--depth=empty and then pull just the one file.  The externals definition
syntax however makes no provision for specifying depth at the time of
checkout of the parent working copy (I assume it can be effected later).

> You really should take time to read the book, since this the first time
> you're using Subversion. Most of your questions are answered in detail
> there.

That's good advice.