subversion-users mailing list archives

From Anton Shepelev <anton....@gmail.com>
Subject Deduce the server URL from the current directory inside the working copy
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2017 11:57:34 GMT
Hello, all

I  find  it  mildly  annoying  to type the full path
within a repository for server-side file operations,
such as 'delete' and 'copy'.  Observe that, being on
Windows, I must use quotes in order  to  escape  the
caret character:

   svn rm "^/A/B/C/file.txt"

Is  there  a way to avoid the entry of the full path
when invoking this command from A/B/C/ in a  working
copy?   In  other  words, I should like to have some
syntax that told SVN to use the full sever-side path
of a file using the current directory within a work-
ing copy.  For example, instead of writing:

   svn rm "^/A/B/C/file.txt"

I could:

   cd Work/A/B/C
   svn rm "^^file.txt"

--
Please, do not forward replies to the list to my e-mail.