subversion-users mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Empty Index lines
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2017 00:21:12 GMT
On 08.12.2017 00:50, Alexey Neyman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to get rid of the lots of "Index:" headers in the
> output of the 'svn diff' where there is no actual difference between
> the files? I think this started with SVN 1.9 - 1.7 definitely did not
> do that, and neither did 1.8, as far as I remember.

I couldn't agree more, these index lines are a pain. Happens with
current 1.8.x, 1.9.x and trunk.

I've been looking through the diff code and /somehow/ we get the
contents-changed flag wrong. It doesn't matter if we're using the
internal diff code or an external command, the results are the same; and
it also doesn't matter if it's a wc-to-wc diff, a repo-to-wc diff or a
repo-to-repo diff.

The code is of course a tangled maze of twisty passages.

-- Brane