subversion-users mailing list archives

From Bo Berglund <bo.bergl...@gmail.com>
Subject Migrate CVSNT => SVN on Windows, then move to Linux?
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2017 11:42:22 GMT
I need to migrate a CVSNT server repository to SVN.
The CVSNT cvs executable needs to be used in the cvs2svn script in
order to handle the CVSNT specific peculiarities. So I need to do the
first step of migration on Windows.

The CVS repository is now about 8 GB in size and some version files
(the ,v files) are huge since they hold a large number of revisions of
binary files. Some are 500 Mbytes in size...

When done then I want to move SVN to Linux in order to get away from
the Windows problems.
So once I have the SVN repository, how can I move it over to Linux?
Is there some preferred method?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden