subversion-users mailing list archives

From Nico Kadel-Garcia <nka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cvs2svn conversion - can later updates be done?
Date Tue, 26 Dec 2017 04:13:29 GMT
On Mon, Dec 25, 2017 at 9:15 PM, Ryan Schmidt
<subversion-2016@ryandesign.com> wrote:

> On Dec 25, 2017, at 08:41, Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> Now I wonder what will happen if some developer commits changes to the
>> old CVS server....
>
> I would expect that after the migration to SVN you would configure the CVS repository
to disable write access and allow only read access from then on, so that it's not possible
to encounter that problem. But I've never administered a CVS server so I don't know how to
accomplish that.

It's a trivial step, often done by taking away write privileges for
the designated cvs user on the cvs server.