OT, but you can see one here:

http://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/Legacy/SP/nistspecialpublication800-44ver2.pdf

(specifically, section 5.1: Reconfigure HTTP service banner (and others as required) not to report Web server and OS type and version )

There are, of course, mandates to use up to date software, but, also many other suggestions. Some practical, some just weird.

--Matt

On Sat, Dec 16, 2017 at 3:35 AM, Branko Čibej <brane@apache.org> wrote:
On 15.12.2017 20:10, Matt Simmons wrote:
> Many documents relating to information security compliance require
> blocking visible software version information.

Interesting documents. I'd have expected them to require all software to
be patched to fix all known security bugs. I thought the "security by
obscurity" mantra had been debunked, but apparently not ...

-- Brane

--
"Today, vegetables... Tomorrow, the world!"