subversion-users mailing list archives

From Julius Smith <...@ccrma.stanford.edu>
Subject Can't get exclusive lock on NAS repo lock files after upgrading to Mac OS X High Sierra
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2018 21:03:24 GMT
I was cruising along great with my subversion repos on my NAS and my
working copies on Mac OS X Sierra, but after upgrading to High Sierra
I see this whenever I try to check something in:

> svn ci -m 'update'
svn: E000045: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E000045: Can't get exclusive lock on file
'/Volumes/Repos/SubversionRepos/svnr/scriptssvn/db/txn-current-lock':
Operation not supported

I have tried mounting the NAS using every filesystem format supported
(I have a QNAP Model TS-453 Pro), and the problem persists.

My next step is to move all the repos to an external hard drive and do
an "svn switch --relocate" on each one, but I thought I'd try this
list first to see if anyone has encountered the problem and found a
solution.

Thanks for any tips!
- Julius