subversion-users mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Server side svn:auto-props, how to set it correctly?
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2018 15:20:51 GMT
On 16.02.2018 12:41, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Feb 15, 2018, at 14:18, Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> I would like to set our SVN server to enforce some file properties for
>> commonly used files such as images and binary files as well as eol
>> handling between client operating systems.
> The server-side auto-props feature can *suggest* properties users should use, but if
you want to *enforce* that they are used, and prevent commits that don't, you have to write
a pre-commit hook script to do that.

That's not true at all. The client will honour the properties it knows
about. Of course in the case of svn:auto-props, these are processed at
'svn add' and the user can change the results before committing; but
they're not a suggestion by any means, they even override client-side
configuration.

-- Brane