subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Bo Andersen" <...@logossmartcard.com>
Subject ... is already a working copy for a different url
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2018 15:03:43 GMT
I couldn’t find FAQs addressing my problem, even though it’s probably simple, and the archives
tried to help people that wanted something more than the basics.
But I’m not trying to do anything “clever”.
It’s just a checkout.
(I’m using Tortoise, but I don’t think Tortoise is the cause of this problem ... unless
it’s doing something I’m unaware of.)

I have a directory structure with a folder and three subfolders
Xsvn
-- X1
-- X2
-- X3

I can checkout X1, X2, and X3.
When I try to checkout files from Xsvn to Xpc, I get “Xpc is already a working copy for
a different url”

If this is really true, then
1) it is not on purpose - I don’t want it to be a working copy for a different url
2) I don’t know which “different URL”
3) I don’t know how to solve it.

It’s possible that it WAS a working copy for a different URL, because I didn’t know how
SVN wanted things, but I have re-arranged my folders, so there should be no such problem any
more.
How do I know which URL is the problem?
How can I make SVN forget the wrong URL, so that I can use the folder for the right URL?

Thanks

Martin