subversion-users mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: issue with relative externals after a rename
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2018 03:36:53 GMT
On 28.03.2018 01:38, Jonathan Schell wrote:
> I have a tree that looks like:
>
> https://svn/repo/name1/externs/normal_files_here
>
> The folder "externs" has two external properties:
> ../fold1@18 fold1
> ../fold2/file1.txt@18 file1.txt
>
> These folders and file exist at rev 18.  The commit to add the properties to "externs"
is commit 32.

> I then do a rename of "name1" to "name2".
>
> The externs now break, as the item they were pointing to no longer exists.

Because the default operative revision is HEAD and there's no such
object in HEAD, yes.

>   So I edit the properties to:
> -r 18 ../fold1 fold1
> -r 18 ../fold2/file1.txt file1.txt
>
> And then did an update and the file got brought in, but there was still an error on the
folder.

You need both peg and operative revisions:

-r 18 ../fold1 fold1@18
-r 18 ../fold2/file1.txt@18 file1.txt

The peg revision tells Subversion which object to look for and the
operative revision tells it which version of that object to use.

-- Brane