subversion-users mailing list archives

From Bo Berglund <bo.bergl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Subversion 1.9.7 server on Windows, advice on setting up svnsync?
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2018 21:23:13 GMT
On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 12:41:49 -0500, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund@gmail.com> wrote:

>QUESTION:
>---------
>Is there a possibility to dump the source repos, then use the
>dumpfiles to set up the mirrors and finally tell svnsync to start
>syncing from the revision that is now the last in the mirror?

It seems like 3 options are described in the svnbook:

1) Initial data transfer using the synchronize function.
This is what is not really working in my situation.

2) Use hotcopy to make a backup copy of everything including hooks.
The caveat here is that the hotcopy needs to be using the exact same
version on both master and mirror. But I have 1.9.7 master on Windows
and 1.9.3 mirror on Ubuntu Linux

3) Use the dump + Load sequence to transfer the repo content.
Then after configuring all the hook scripts etc on the mirror the
synchronize init can be run with a flag to allow a non-empty target
repository.

Seems like I have to go route #3

--
Bo Berglund