subversion-users mailing list archives

From Philip Martin <phi...@codematters.co.uk>
Subject Re: Subversion 1.9.7 server on Windows, advice on setting up svnsync?
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2018 13:18:41 GMT
Bo Berglund <bo.berglund@gmail.com> writes:

> Good, then I will go ahead and erase the failed mirror repos and
> re-create them and then load the dump files. But for the not yet used
> repos I can just start loading the dumps. Saves some time.

There are some things you can do to make load faster.  In 1.10 load has
a new --no-flush-to-disk option since a mirror typically doesn't need
the fsync() guarantees.  On Linux you can use the eatmydata LD_PRELOAD
library to achieve as similar thing for releases before 1.10.  You may
also find that increasing the memory cache speeds up loading:

  eatmydata svnadmin load -M256 some-repo < some-dumpfile

--
Philip