subversion-users mailing list archives

From Bo Berglund <bo.bergl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Subversion 1.9.7 server on Windows, advice on setting up svnsync?
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2018 20:52:30 GMT
On Mon, 26 Mar 2018 08:22:16 -0500, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund@gmail.com> wrote:

>svn: E195019: Redirect cycle detected for URL

The error was caused by misconfiguration of the
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/dav_svn.conf file following the instructions
in this webpage:
https://tecadmin.net/install-subversion-server-on-ubuntu/

A bogus line appeared in that instruction step 3:
Alias /svn /var/lib/svn <== This line must be removed
<Location /svn>

Now I have synced my first of 10 repositories on the main server.
It worked fine and took about 1 hour for 947 revisions.

Question:
---------
When I move forward and prepare target repositories for syncing I need
to activate two hooks in each repo (pre-revprop-change and
start-commit). So there will be 18 scripts to create...
Can I symlink the existing hooks into the new repositories so I only
need to manage one set of files?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden