subversion-users mailing list archives

From Bo Berglund <bo.bergl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving SVN from one server to another
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2018 20:46:12 GMT
On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 13:48:18 -0400, Nico Kadel-Garcia
<nkadel@gmail.com> wrote:

>Bingo. It is, theoretically, possible to individually bring commits
>done directly on the slave back over to the original master to resolve
>such a resulting split brain.

And this is described in the svn-book too.

But when I set up my mirror I decided against it because the involved
hooks looked potentially slow to me. And I just needed to safeguard
the master in a completely different location as a backup.
So I installed a nightly cron job to do the sync once every 24 hours
rather than immediately upon commit to master by utilizing the
post-commit hook.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden