subversion-users mailing list archives

From Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn client for Windows and non-latin symbols
Date Mon, 07 May 2018 10:42:29 GMT
On 07.05.2018 11:27, Anders Munch wrote:
> Fra: Mark Phippard [mailto:markphip@gmail.com]:
>> If you see a ? It means the font does not have a glyph for the character. Use a Unicode
font.
> That would only help if svn would output some kind of unicode.

Nonsense.

>  It doesn't.

Subversion will output whatever you have set as your system encoding.
But if your console window isn't using a font that can represent all the
characters in that encoding, then  they won't be printed correctly. This
has nothing to do with Subversion but with how your console is set up.

By the way, the default console font (Consolas) is quite limited and
don't even contain the whole range of accented latin characters. Try
using Lucida Console instead.

> You can't even tell it to output utf-8, there's no such option.

There is, in fact, but not in Subversion; you have to fiddle with
Windows' regional settings.

> People talk about setting the LANG environment variable or some such,
> but I've never managed to get that to do anything.

LANG and LC_* environment variables are pertinent to Unix, not Windows.

-- Brane