subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Stieger <andreas.stie...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: SVNSYNC questions
Date Wed, 02 May 2018 22:15:05 GMT
Please consider stopping to top-post.

On 05/02/2018 10:43 PM, Paul Greene wrote:
> Ok, thanks, I was hoping I wouldn't have to manually create 110
> folders and set permissions, but it is what it is.

Is that not something what a shell is usually happy to do for you in a loop?

Anyway, as you may have already read from the documentation, svnsync can
be initialized on non-empty destination repositories which represent a
past state of the on-disk data. One would normally use the hotcopy
operation to get such a consistent copy. However,  if you can stop
commits for a bit this can be done using file system level tools such a
cp/tar/rsync/lvm, some of which can preserve permissions. This has the
added benefit of bypassing the initial sync time, which can be
significant for repositories of non-trivial size.

Andreas