subversion-users mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Migration a Git archive to subversion
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2018 11:08:18 GMT
Martin Sauer wrote:> I want to migrate my git project archive to
subversion. [...]
"Reposurgeon" is probably the tool that will give the most reliably
correct conversion, if you are looking for a one-time conversion.

   http://www.catb.org/esr/reposurgeon/

"SubGit" is probably the best option if you are looking for a solution
which keeps git and subversion synchronized for some time.

   http://subgit.com/

Some of the most useful advice I found about the existing options is in
and near the "Reposurgeon" and "SubGit" sections in this page:

https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/InterfacesFrontendsAndTools#reposurgeon_2

While most of the information in all three links above is about
converting from svn to git, much of it also applies when converting the
other way.

(My suggestions are based on what I have read, not direct experience,
but as a core svn developer I have a good idea what to look for and I
have talked to the developers of both of those tools.)

- Julian