subversion-users mailing list archives

From David Gardiner <da...@gardiner.net.au>
Subject Re: svn password prompt hanging in PowerShell
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2018 23:11:25 GMT
Just circling back with an update. The Tortoise folks discovered this is a bug in a library
that shipped in Windows 10 RS4, possibly related to VS2017.

See https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/245451/unbuffered-console-io-is-broken-only-in-release-bu.html

As such I suspect it will probably affect other distributions if they use a similar build
tool chain.

David

________________________________
From: David Gardiner <david@gardiner.net.au>
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2018 9:45:57 PM
To: Johan Corveleyn
Cc: Subversion
Subject: Re: svn password prompt hanging in PowerShell

Thanks for your help, I've raise it with TortoiseSVN

David

On 29 June 2018 at 17:19, Johan Corveleyn <jcorvel@gmail.com<mailto:jcorvel@gmail.com>>
wrote:
On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 6:25 AM, David Gardiner <david@gardiner.net.au<mailto:david@gardiner.net.au>>
wrote:
> A couple of observations:
>
> I downloaded the visualsvn build as suggested, and that appears to work
> without issue
> Using the tortoisesvn svn.exe, I also had a merge conflict while running
> 'svn update' and the prompt for resolve the conflict also hung (so looks
> like it's a general problem with user input, not just related to passwords)

Okay. In that case, please report this problem to one of the
TortoiseSVN lists: https://tortoisesvn.net/community.html

It appears to be something specific to their build.

--
Johan