subversion-users mailing list archives

From Johan Corveleyn <jcor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SSL handshake failed: SSL alert received
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2018 20:00:35 GMT
On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 5:32 PM, Brandon L. Wisenburg
<brandon@wisenburg.com> wrote:
> Greetings List,
> I am getting an error when attempting to svn update.
>
> svn update
> svn: OPTIONS of 'https://domain/src': SSL handshake failed: SSL alert
> received: Handshake failed (https://www.domain.com)
>
> Odd part is I am not sure why it is failing. Has anyone seen this issue
> before?

I suppose you hand-edited the error message to replace the actual
domain name with 'domain'. To double-check: the first url in the error
message is without the www.*.com, yes? So the actual repository url
does not have www.*.com, but the svn client seems to be forced to
perform its ssl handshake with www.domain.com. Perhaps a proxy that is
interfering?

Other than that: a quick thing to try is to access the repository url
from a web browser, and see if there is any connection problem or
anything strange with the ssl certificate / connection.

--
Johan