subversion-users mailing list archives

From Jens Geyer <...@vsx.net>
Subject svn copy WC to URL asserts
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2018 14:14:42 GMT
Hi,

We have one case of a misbehaving branch here. Our CI server creates a tag at the end of a
build using a svn copy command:

{code}

svn.exe copy -m "Devtest" D:\Builds\Release_5.1.1.x\Source svn://repo.server/tags/buildserver/Release_5.1.1.x/Build513

{code}

The message printed is this.

{code}

svn: E235000: In file 'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.10.1ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_client\copy.c'
line 2109: assertion failed (commit_items != NULL)

{code}

The problem so far manifests only with this particular branch. We double-checked everything,
beginning with paths and URLs up to access permisions and everything. We also installed the
latest SVN version, and as the only result the assertion line number changed.

The WC has no changes, but a bunch of externals.

Any advice where to look for or what to check would be appreciated. If I can provide information
to help fixing the issue, please let me know and I will be happy to supply whatever informatiomn
you may need (except that I am certainly not going to upload the repo nor the complete source
code).

Best regards,
Jens Geyer