subversion-users mailing list archives

From Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FW: Error with svn
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2018 16:59:00 GMT
On 20.12.2018 13:41, Руслан Самигуллин wrote:
> I have running Subversion on 64-bit Win and on 32-bit Win. Maybe I am wrong for this
command, I found it on this web site: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11300633/svn-cannot-set-lc-ctype-locale

This answer on StackOverflow is only for Debian Linux and related
(Ubuntu, Mint, etc.). It won't work on Windows.

> I said that I don`t know how to fix my problem on Win. Please help me. What command is
needed to set “variable LANG” or another way to solve this problem?

For some reason your regional setting on Windows are not correct.
Subversion uses 'setlocale(LC_ALL, "")' and if that fails,
'setlocale(LC_CTYPE, "")'. This should always work on Windows; I don't
know why it doesn't.

See:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/c-runtime-library/reference/setlocale-wsetlocale

Are you sure you're using a native Windows binary of Subversion, not
something built for Cygwin or WSL?

-- Brane

10 x64, and this problem appears in Win10 x32.

>> The text from the console window is reduced below:
>>
>> svn: warning: cannot set LC_CTYPE locale
>> svn: warning: environment variable LANG is not set
>> svn: warning: please check that your locale name is correct
>>
>> I found that have to install language pack like that: (sudo apt-get install language-pack-en-base)
and set it like that: (export LC_ALL=C) but I don`t know how to do it. And in what catalogue
I must write the command to install in cmd?