subversion-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Nate Kerkhofs <Nate.Kerkh...@ikan.be>
Subject svn log -r based on a start date suddenly no longer returns any revisions
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2019 15:40:52 GMT
Hi,

I have an issue with a subversion repository that suddenly, between 2 attempts roughly an
hour or so apart, returns an empty xml list for the following command:

D:\vcrs\svn\Collabnet\bin\svn log -r {2008-01-01T00:00:00}:{2019-02-20T10:21:03} --username
username --password password http://testmachine:8110/svn/svn/UNITTEST/trunk --xml -v

The xml returned is:


<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<log>

</log>


It should find exactly 2 commits in this range, because running svn log on the same directory
without any revision filter and no --xml or -v arguments returns the following:


------------------------------------------------------------------------

r886 | (no author) | 2009-03-10 13:19:52 +0100 (di, 10 mrt 2009) | 1 line



deleted readme.txt

------------------------------------------------------------------------

r876 | (no author) | 2009-03-10 10:33:56 +0100 (di, 10 mrt 2009) | 1 line



added extra files and folders

------------------------------------------------------------------------

r3 | (no author) | 2005-11-10 15:38:33 +0100 (do, 10 nov 2005) | 1 line





------------------------------------------------------------------------

r1 | (no author) | 2005-11-10 15:32:07 +0100 (do, 10 nov 2005) | 1 line



Initial import of Subversion Unit Test project

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had already created a stack overflow question on this issue at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54784054/subversion-log-command-doesnt-show-the-most-recent-revision-from-almost-10-year,
but with no answers afterwards. We originally had this problem late last month (around the
20th of February), and we ended up having to restore that repository from a backup. This issue
suddenly returned today. Every other aspect of our unit tests works without issues on the
same repository.

Passing along a revision number instead of a start date returns the expected result: if we
replace the date in 2008 with a 3 indicating we want to get everything since revision 3, we
get the expected result.

I tried this both with a Collabnet svn.exe of version 1.8.19, and an Apache Subversion 1.11.1
client. We have this issue on multiple machines, so it doesn't seem to be anything machine
specific, and nothing has changed in that period apart from tags added through the unittests.

I'm not subscribed to the mailing list, and as such would like to be CC'd in any discussions
regarding this issue.

Kind regards,

Nate

Mime
View raw message