subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Fairchild, Gregory J - OASAM OCIO CTR" <Fairchild.Greg...@DOL.gov>
Subject RE: svn:E155007:None of the tarets are working copies
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2019 22:19:17 GMT

11750
Skipped 'var/apache2/2.4/htdocs'

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Schmidt [mailto:subversion-2019@ryandesign.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2019 1:44 AM
To: Fairchild, Gregory J - OASAM OCIO CTR
Cc: Subversion Users
Subject: Re: svn:E155007:None of the tarets are working copies

On Mar 8, 2019, at 14:24, Fairchild, Gregory J - OASAM OCIO CTR wrote:

>    I’m fairly new to subversion and new to this email listing.  If this is not the
correct format or avenue to report this problem, let me know.

Welcome!

> Background:  We’re trying to eliminate all our Solaris 10 servers, so we need to migrate
Subversion from a Solaris 10 server to Solaris 11.  Current version of apache is 2.2.15 and
Subversion is 1.6.11.  I built a Solaris 11 server (11.3), installed and configured Subversion
and Apache and had it up and running (after some initial errors regarding hook files, permissions,
load module, etc).  Under 11.3, we were using apache 2.2 (don’t remember the rev) and Subversion
1.7.  I did a dump/load from the old server to the new server so that users could test.  All
was working well.  Then, before we switched over to the new server as production, 11.4 came
out and we patched the new server to that.  With 11.4, Oracle removed apache 2.2 and Subversion
1.7 altogether.  So we now needed to get apache 2.4 and Subversion 1.9 working.  I went through
the install and configuration process.  There was an initial problem with starting apache.
 I opened a case with Oracle and they were able to help resolve it by having me add the ‘LoadModule
dav_module libexec/mod_dav.so’ to httpd.conf.  I also had the following errors:

> <image002.png>

Transcribing the text so that those who don't wish to load images can read it, and so that
it can be searched, this is a TortoiseSVN dialog reading:

Subversion reported an error:

DAV request failed; it's possible that the repository's pre-revprop-change hook either failed
or is non-existent
At least one property change failed; repository is unchanged
Error setting property 'svn:log':
Can't open file '/rpool/svn/subversion/repository/db/write-lock': Permission denied

> <image003.png>

This is a TortoiseSVN "Commit Failed!" dialog saying:

Command           Commit
Error             Commit failed (details follow):
Error             Can't open file '/rpool/svn/subversion/repository/db/txn-current-lock':
Error             Permission denied
Completed!

The operation failed.

> I was able to correct for these errors by changing from using svnuser:svngrp to webservd:webservd
and changing the owner on all the files in the repository and then restarting apache.

Ok great! It's certainly not uncommon to discover, when transferring services from one server
to another, that ownership or permissions need to be adjusted to what the new server expects.
Glad you got it figured out.

> Problem:  After working through the problems above, Oracle said they really couldn’t
go further with support as it was outside of their scope.  The problem I have now is:

> Checking in new files still given the error.
> <image004.png>

This TortoiseSVN "Commit Finished!" dialog reads:

Command           Commit
Adding            C:\Users\kto\Downloads\working_folder\CalendarICWF\PLSQL\edit - Copy - Copy.pkb
Adding            C:\Users\kto\Downloads\working_folder\CalendarICWF\PLSQL\edit - Copy - Copy.pks
Sending content   C:\Users\kto\Downloads\working_folder\CalendarICWF\PLSQL\edit - Copy - Copy.pkb
Sending content   C:\Users\kto\Downloads\working_folder\CalendarICWF\PLSQL\edit - Copy - Copy.pks
Completed         At revision: 11746
Error             post-commit hook failed (exit code 1) with output:
Error             /rpool/svn/subversion/repository/hooks/post-commit[51]: /rpool/svn/subversion/repository/logs/post-commit.log:
cannot create [No such file or directory]

> The commit seems to be working, but the post-commit does not.

> Post-commit looks like this:
> #!/bin/sh
> REPOS="$1"
> REV="$2"
> /usr/bin/svn update /var/apache2/2.4/htdocs/ >> /rpool/svn/subversion/repository/logs/post-commit.log
>
> Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks

The first question I would ask is: Does the directory /rpool/svn/subversion/repository/logs
exist? If not, create it.

If it already exists, then check if its ownership and permissions are such that the webservd
user/group can create the post-commit.log file inside it.

If the post-commit.log file exists, check its permissions and ownership as well.