subversion-users mailing list archives

From myli...@posteo.de
Subject Add changes from a local svn repo to the same but older repo on a server with history
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2019 10:03:20 GMT
Hi,

(I am not subscribed and appreciate to be CC:ed by any reply to my
question. Thank you! :) )

The setup is some freaking weired and I am no native speaker...

The setup: There is a remote SVN-server, I can only access via PC "A" at
place "A".
I am working, compiling, developing at PC "B" at place "B".
Changeing places and PCs is .... hrrrrmmm ... "less effective"....
hrrrmmm.

I am working with repo "A" on the SVN-Server.

To be able to check in changed sources not only at the beginning of the
project and at
the end of the project but in logically reasonable portions I came
accross an idea...
from which I dont know whether it works or not....

1) Export the repo "A" from the server.
2) Create an empty local repo of the same structure.
3) Import the sources into the local repo at PC "B"
4) Check in logically sized portioned into the local repo.
5) If completed transfer the local repo to PC "B".
6) Transfer the changes with historie, logs, etc into the server on top
of the repo.

Point 5) and 6) gives me headaches....

How can I minimize the PC "A" <=> PC "B" changes by simutanously being
able to checkin
logically sized portions including all other informations?

Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
Cheers!
mcc