subversion-users mailing list archives

From Pavel Lyalyakin <pavel.lyalya...@visualsvn.com>
Subject Re: E175012 and E175002 when trying to commit
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2019 13:17:32 GMT
Hello Christoph,

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 12:39 PM Christoph VogtlÃĪnder <
Christoph.Vogtlaender@sigma-surface-science.com> wrote:

> I have now a working setup with
>
> LimitXMLRequestBody 32000000
> Timeout 36000
>
> I can successfully commit the change-set using LANG=de_DE.UTF-8,
> LANG=en_GB.UTF-8 or LC_TYPE=C
>
> To wrap this up:
> It seems there is a bug when using de_DE.UTF-8.
> The commit should be denied in case the XML request body is too large,
> which is not the case.
> During transmit, the server will cancel with error.
> As also the timeout was reached, the client reports only a timeout.
>
> When enlarging the LimitXMLRequestBody, only, the commit will be
> transmitted successfully. But,
> the client will still get a timeout (as the commit will last a lot longer
> than the 300s configured by
> default). Also enlarging the timeout parameter value will fix this.
>
> So, beside the failing test for the XML request body size with de_DE.UTF-8
> everything is working
> as designed :)

I see that you use VisualSVN Server. But do you use VDFS (Multisite
Repository Replication)? Do you see the following error when you commit to
a slave VDFS repository?
[[[
svn: E175012: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E175012: Connection timed out
svn: E160032: Additional errors:
svn: E160032: Cannot abort transaction '84-2m', because it is still being
processed.
]]]

If that's your case, what is the replications link's bandwidth?

--
With best regards,
Pavel Lyalyakin