subversion-users mailing list archives

From Nathan Hartman <hartman.nat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Basic usage surprise, update does not retrieve new files....
Date Sun, 14 Apr 2019 03:00:49 GMT
On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 5:54 PM Bo Berglund <bo.berglund@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 21:13:42 +0200, Bo Berglund
> <bo.berglund@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >What can have gone wrong here?
>
> Wrong Depth setting on the WC...

Don't feel bad about that. I did some head scratching myself a few weeks
ago. I set svn:externals to pull dependencies from other times and places
of our monorepo, typed svn up expecting something to happen, and nothing
happened. I almost wrote to the list and then realized I had deliberately
set numerous subdirectories to depth=immediates or depth=empty, including
the directory for the dependencies. Oops.