subversion-users mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Same level externals not possible
Date Tue, 07 May 2019 12:20:50 GMT
On 07.05.2019 13:53, Osipov, Michael wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> consider the following layout we need to solve for our legacy build:
>
> .
> |-- forms
> |-- src
> \-- inc
>
> inc shall point to forms as external. Wenn doing "svn ps" with "forms
> inc" or "./forms inc" I receive an error.

Just to clarify, you want this:

$ svn propset svn:externals './forms inc' .

that is, on the parent directory of 'forms'?

> Of course, according to the help output [1] this is not possible. But
> why can't I have same level externals? We currently apply the ugly
> workaround by creating 'inc' and adding externals beneath that.

The reason you can't do that is that if we allowed the syntax you're
proposing, it will conflict with the old, pre-1.5 svn:externals format,
where the first parameter was the external name and the second was the
full URL.

-- Brane