subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Bo Berglund" <bo.bergl...@gmail.com>
Subject How to resolve between working copies?
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2020 09:04:46 GMT
I have a project I am working on in both Windows and Linux.
So the project is checked out on both places.
Now I have a php file that was created in the Windows WC and copied to the Linux WC
where its functions were tested on Apache after copying over to the website.
Then I svn added it in the Linux WC and committed it along with other files.

Now when I want to update the Windows WC I get a message at the end of the file listing:

Updated to revision 2867.
Summary of conflicts:
  Tree conflicts: 1
Searching tree conflict details for 'ServerConfig\putcmdfile.php' in repository:
Checking r2861... done
Tree conflict on 'ServerConfig\putcmdfile.php':
A new file appeared during update to r2867; it was added by bosse in r2861.
An unversioned file was found in the working copy.
Select: (p) Postpone, (r) Mark as resolved, (m) Merge the files, (h) Help,
        (q) Quit resolution: q
Summary of conflicts:
  Tree conflicts: 1

Since I was unsure about how to deal with this I selected q to quit, but this was apparently
no good because now I cannot get rid of the error message whatever I do.
I have tried renaming the file in the file system and then do a svn up to get a fresh file
from
the server but it also fails:

ServerConfig>svn up
Updating '.':
At revision 2867.
ServerConfig>svn st
D     C putcmdfile.php
      >   local file unversioned, incoming file add upon update
Summary of conflicts:
  Tree conflicts: 1

So what can I do to get rid of this problem?

/Bo B