superset-dev mailing list archives

From Gaurav gupta <gupta.gaurav0...@gmail.com>
Subject Superset on Windows with MySQL or Postgres
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2017 21:50:44 GMT
Hi,

I would like to know if anybody has tried to setup/integrate the Superset
in Windows OS with MySQL or Postgres. I am exploring to integrate/embed it
my product for data visualisation which is available in Windows and Linux
OS.

I know it will work in Linux but I am worried about the Windows OS, after
reading below, so I would explore if some have already tried in windows
without many issues.
OS dependencies

Superset stores database connection information in its metadata database.
For that purpose, we use the cryptography Python library to encrypt
connection passwords. Unfortunately, this library has OS level dependencies.

*Windows* isn’t officially supported at this point, but if you want to
attempt it, download get-pip.py <https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py>, and
run python get-pip.py which may need admin access. Then run the following:

C:\> pip install cryptography
# You may also have to create C:\TempC:\> md C:\Temp

Regards
Gaurav